Saffron Walden and Felsted make The Sunday Times’ best places to live list
TWO Uttlesford towns have been named in The Sunday Times’ top 10 most desirable places to live in the east of England.
Saffron Walden and Felsted were chosen to go on the newspaper’s exclusive list, edited by Eleanor Mills.
The comprehensive and up-to-date list takes a wide range of elements into account including transport links, quality of schools, natural beauty, low crime rate, property prices, cultural life and unemployment figures.
Each area is also assessed on its own individual assets, whether it has a local festival, fascinating architecture or proximity to an airport.
The other areas on the top 10 list are Cambridgeshire’s Hemingford Abbots and Newnham. Woodbridge and Nayland in Suffolk, Woburn and Pavenham in Bedfordshire, The Golden Triangle in Norwich and Holt, in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
The Sunday Times Best Places to Live will run across two weekends on March 17 and 24 in The Sunday Times.
As well as an overall national winner, which will be announced in the first issue, the guide will announce the top 10 places in nine regions around the country.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road