Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
PUBLISHED: 09:50 16 May 2017 | UPDATED: 09:50 16 May 2017
A burglar was disturbed after he used a screwdriver to force open the front door of a house in Elsenham on May 6. The incident took place at around 11.15am at a home in Robin Hood Road, and the suspect ran off after seeing the victim.
• Two unlocked vehicles were searched in Maple Way, Great Dunmow, between midnight on May 5 and 7pm on May 6. Coins, to the value of £20, were taken from an Audi A6 and a blue Ford Focus was also targeted, but nothing was stolen.
• A white Ford Transit van was stolen from Brook View, Stansted, between 6pm on May 5 and 8.30am on May 6.
• A burglary took place at Garnetts, Takeley, between 12.05pm and 1.15pm on May 6, and a messy search was conducted. It is unknown if items were stolen.
• Burglars jemmied a side window to get into a home in School Lane, Takeley, between 9.45am and 2pm on May 6. No items were believed to have been stolen.
• A silver Ford C-Max, parked at Ley Field, Takeley, was broken into between midnight on May 3 and 3.40pm on May 6. Thieves conducted a messy search and items were stolen.
• A children’s motorcycle and power tools were stolen from a garage in Duck Street, Little Easton, between 6pm on May 5 and 10am on May 6. A tin of paint was also opened and poured over the victim’s bicycles.
• An Ifor Williams tri-axle trailer was stolen from a yard in Stortford Road, Great Dunmow, between 10.20pm on May 7 and 8.20am on May 8. Thieves cut the lock to two sets of front gates to get in.
• A Nissan Qashqai, parked in Spencer Close, Stansted, was scratched on its side between 7.30am and 9.05pm on May 8.
• A red Mitsubishi was stolen from Braintree Road, Great Dunmow, between 9.15am on May 8 and 7.55am on May 9.
• The passenger window to a black Ford Ka, parked in Hammond Road, Hatfield Broad Oak, was smashed between midnight on May 7 and 7.30am on May 10.
• A pane of glass in a victim’s porch, at Medlars Mead, Hatfield Broad Oak, was smashed between midnight on May 8 and 6.12pm on May 9.
• An attempt was made to break into a catering van in Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, between midday on May 7 and 10.25am on May 10.
• The front and back number plates from a blue Vauxhall Astra, parked in Broad Street, were stolen between 11pm on May 10 and 9.22am on May 11.
• A number of items were stolen from a Ford Transit, parked in Church Road, Stansted, between 4pm on May 10 and 5.15am on May 11. Thieves got into the vehicle by throwing a metal padlock through the front offside window.
• A 14ft iron fence was stolen from Watch House Green, Felsted, between 6pm on May 11 and 3.25pm on May 12.