Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
PUBLISHED: 09:50 16 May 2017 | UPDATED: 09:50 16 May 2017
A burglar was disturbed after he used a screwdriver to force open the front door of a house in Elsenham on May 6. The incident took place at around 11.15am at a home in Robin Hood Road, and the suspect ran off after seeing the victim.
• Two unlocked vehicles were searched in Maple Way, Great Dunmow, between midnight on May 5 and 7pm on May 6. Coins, to the value of £20, were taken from an Audi A6 and a blue Ford Focus was also targeted, but nothing was stolen.
• A white Ford Transit van was stolen from Brook View, Stansted, between 6pm on May 5 and 8.30am on May 6.
• A burglary took place at Garnetts, Takeley, between 12.05pm and 1.15pm on May 6, and a messy search was conducted. It is unknown if items were stolen.
• Burglars jemmied a side window to get into a home in School Lane, Takeley, between 9.45am and 2pm on May 6. No items were believed to have been stolen.
• A silver Ford C-Max, parked at Ley Field, Takeley, was broken into between midnight on May 3 and 3.40pm on May 6. Thieves conducted a messy search and items were stolen.
• A children’s motorcycle and power tools were stolen from a garage in Duck Street, Little Easton, between 6pm on May 5 and 10am on May 6. A tin of paint was also opened and poured over the victim’s bicycles.
• An Ifor Williams tri-axle trailer was stolen from a yard in Stortford Road, Great Dunmow, between 10.20pm on May 7 and 8.20am on May 8. Thieves cut the lock to two sets of front gates to get in.
• A Nissan Qashqai, parked in Spencer Close, Stansted, was scratched on its side between 7.30am and 9.05pm on May 8.
• A red Mitsubishi was stolen from Braintree Road, Great Dunmow, between 9.15am on May 8 and 7.55am on May 9.
• The passenger window to a black Ford Ka, parked in Hammond Road, Hatfield Broad Oak, was smashed between midnight on May 7 and 7.30am on May 10.
• A pane of glass in a victim’s porch, at Medlars Mead, Hatfield Broad Oak, was smashed between midnight on May 8 and 6.12pm on May 9.
• An attempt was made to break into a catering van in Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, between midday on May 7 and 10.25am on May 10.
• The front and back number plates from a blue Vauxhall Astra, parked in Broad Street, were stolen between 11pm on May 10 and 9.22am on May 11.
• A number of items were stolen from a Ford Transit, parked in Church Road, Stansted, between 4pm on May 10 and 5.15am on May 11. Thieves got into the vehicle by throwing a metal padlock through the front offside window.
• A 14ft iron fence was stolen from Watch House Green, Felsted, between 6pm on May 11 and 3.25pm on May 12.
If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.