Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Thieves broke into the premises of a shop in King Street, Saffron Walden, and stole electrical items and removed the till.
The incident took place at 3.45am on August 17, and entry was gained by breaking the back window and door of the property.
Thieves smashed the side window of a property in Kings Street, Saffron Walden and stole petty cash overnight between August 16 and 17.
A property in the Mercers Row area of Saffron Walden was burgled between 10.30pm on August 16 and 8.30am on August 17. Thieves forced the rear door open and attempted to gain entry to a secure safe before stealing £70 in cash.
Thieves gained entry to a premises in the Mercers Row area of Saffron Walden via the rear door and stole a safe and collection box and caused damage to the till. The incident took place between 6pm on August 18 and 8.40am on August 19.
You may also want to watch:
Thieves gained access to a white Ford Transit van overnight on August 16 and removed tools and items within totalling £20,000. The incident took place at Granary Court, Great Dunmow, and no forced entry was recorded.
Thieves gained entry to a property in Market Place, Dunmow, on August 19 by breaking a rear window and door, although no items were removed.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 10 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
Vandals removed the front and rear number plates from a Vauxhall Corsa parked on Burgattes Road, Dunmow between August 21 and 23.
Vandals scratched the paintwork of a Silver BMW by keying the driver’s side in Church Street, Dunmow, between August 12 and 17.
Tools were removed from a white Ford Transit van overnight between 3pm on August 16 and 6.25am on August 17 in Chelmsford Road, Dunmow. No forced entry was recorded in the incident.
Thieves were disturbed having gained entry to a Ford van in Ongar Road, Dunmow by means unknown on August 16 at 10.50pm. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.
Anyone with information about any of the above crimes can contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.