Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Overnight on September 10, thieves tried to gain entry to premises in Gaces Acre, Newport. Nothing was reported as stolen.
Items were removed and damage was caused to a shed in Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, after thieves climbed a fence and forced the door between 4.30pm on September 8 and 7.20am on September 9.
Damage was caused to an orange BMW 1 series car after vandals scratched the roof on the passenger side between September 11 and 12 in Radwinter Road, Saffron Walden.
The driver’s side front window of a grey Volkswagen Polo was smashed between 1.45pm and 3pm on September 7. The vehicle was parked in the First Avenue area of Stansted, and nothing was taken.
Items of jewellery worth £75 were stolen from a property in New Street Fields, Dunmow, after thieves gained entry via the back door between 11am and 9pm on September 8.
You may also want to watch:
Overnight on September 8, entry was gained to the metal barn at Lashley Hall, Lindsell by removing the padlock and a green Polaris Ranger utility vehicle was stolen.
If you have information about any of these crimes, please contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 2 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Autumn budget fails to address key air travel challenges, say industry chiefs
- 9 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 10 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners