Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
A shed was broken into along Bardfield Road, Thaxted, between 7.30pm on August 30 and 5am on August 31. Thieves cut off the lock to gain access, but nothing was stolen.
A white Range Rover Vogue, valued at £60,000, was stolen from Wenden Road, Arkesden, between 9pm on August 31 and 12pm on Sept 1.
Vandals caused damage to a silver BMW car in the Meadowford area of Newport, between 9pm on August 30 and 8am on September 3, by keying all the panels.
Overnight on September 3, thieves stole tools from the back of a Ford Transit van which was parked in a car park in Birchanger. The back doors were forced open to entry to the vehicle.
A carton of food was thrown at a window causing contents to splatter in St Johns Road, Stansted on September 5 at 9.30pm.
Damage was caused to the carpet within St Mary’s Church, Church End, Lindsell, by dripping candle wax all over it between 5pm on August 28 and 9am on August 29,
Thieves broke into a nursery on Mill End, Takeley, overnight on September 1 through a single glazed ground floor window and then smashed the inside office door with a fire extinguisher.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 3 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 5 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
Overnight between 8.15pm on September 2 and 6.43am on September 3, a nursery was broken into on Honey Road, Little Canfield, Gt Dunmow. Suspects kicked the back door in to gain entry and proceeded to to kick open doors to the boiler room and office inside. Nothing was taken.
Little Canfield Village Hall, on Storford Road, was broken into overnight on September 3. The back fire door was forced open and various cupboards were opened by forcing padlocks and a camera was taken.
A silver and black KTM motorcycle was stolen from the High Street, Great Dunmow, overnight on September 5 by hot wiring the ignition. The vehicle was later found in a nearby car park with damage to the ignition barrel.
If you have any information regarding any of these crimes, then please contact police on 101 or alternatively Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.