Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Foreign cash was stolen from a home in Wethersfield on Friday (December 4).
Burglars broke in through a kitchen window of a home in Braintree Road between 9.15am and 11.45am. They stole an amount of Euros.
A crate of beer was taken from a barn by thieves.
On November 28, a padlock clasp was broken off the door of the building in Stickling Green, Clavering. Once inside, the suspects took a crate of Becks, worth £10.
The lock of a white Audi was damaged in The Heath, Hatfield Heath, overnight on November 30.
The car’s alarm went off when the car was damaged.
Hundreds of pounds worth of oil was stolen from a tank in Great Dunmow.
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 5 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 9 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 10 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
Thieves stole £600 of oil from a tank in the garden of a home in Parsonage Lane between 8am and 1pm on November 29.
Tools worth more than £4,000 were taken from a van on Tuesday, December 1.
The front passenger window of a yellow Ford Transit, in Parsonage Downs, Dunmow, was smashed open by the thieves, who gained entrance to the rear cage.
The Stihl tools taken were an H3131 Pole Saw worth £900, a MF201T chainsaw at £700, a MS026 chainsaw also worth £700, a MS044 chainsaw worth £1,100, a MS023 chainsaw valued at £400 and a BG86 handheld blower worth £300.
A clear fuel can, worth £30, and a £300 tree climbing kit were also taken.
A forklift has been taken from a farm in White Roding.
The red Manitou vehicle was stolen from the Church Lane farm overnight on December 1.
A Ford C-Max was stolen from outside a home in Bambers Green, Takeley.
The theft happened overnight on December 2.
INFORMATION: If you have any information about any of these crimes, call Essex Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 11.