Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Jewellery and cash were stolen from a property in Hempstead Road, Steeple Bumpstead on December 4 between 9.50am and 2.40pm.
Thieves gained entry by forcing a kitchen window and a very messy search was conducted inside the property.
A black Nissan Qashqai, which was parked in Longhedges, Saffron Walden, was keyed along the nearside panels and bonnet overnight on December 4.
Two bikes were stolen from a garage on Well Green Close, Saffron Walden between November 30 and December 6. The two bikes are valued at £650 each and are described as; a Giant Defyer 5 mountain bike, and a Giant Rebel 0 black and white road bike.
Between December 7 and December 9, thieves entered a farm out building in Walden Road, Thaxted by causing damage to a door and panelling worth an estimated £200. A pump for a vehicle was stolen, valued at £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
Three drills, valued at more than £500 altogether, were stolen from a locked Ford Transit van on Copthall Lane in Thaxted overnight on December 1. The drills are described as; a Hitachi combi drill in a black case, a Ryobi hammer drill in a grey case, and a Titan hammer drill in a black case.
Electronic power tools were stolen from a white Peugeot Expert van in Usterdale Road, Saffron Walden between 6pm and 8pm on December 9. Thieves forced open the back door and damaged the lock.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Thieves entered a property in Whiteshot Way, Saffron Walden overnight on December 8 and removed a Makita EK6100 petrol disk cutter valued at £500.
Entry was forced to a container, which was being used as a shed, on The Street, Little Dunmow by forcing the door. Once inside, thieves removed a Hayter geared petrol lawn mower valued at £800, a yellow whacker plate compactor valued at £600, a Stihl orange and white chainsaw valued at £350, and a green five litre conatiner of petrol.
Both front and back number plates were removed from a Mini Cooper parked on the High Street, Hatfield Broad Oak overnight on December 5.
Overnight on December 9, thieves removed the drive shaft from a white Nissan Cabstar in Lindsell, Stebbing. The vehicle was parked in an open covered garage in the owner’s garden.
Any information regarding these crimes can be reported to police on 101.