Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Damage was caused to a Peugeot 3008, which was parked near to Great Bardfield Primary School, on November 25 between 8.30am and 3.20pm. The vehicle was scratched along the offside panels.
White paint was thrown over the middle window of a charity shop in King Street, Saffron Walden on November 22 between 6am and 8am. The front door handle of the shop was also covered in superglue in the incident.
Thieves entered the back garden of a property in Beeches Close, Saffron Walden between November 19 and 22 and stole an electric hedge trimmer from the shed. A rose arch was also dismantled but not taken from the garden.
A custom made dog cage, valued at £500, was stolen from a red Suzuki Grand Vitara vehicle in Little Bardfield on November 24 between 5pm and 8.30pm.
A black and green Merida mountain bike was stolen from outside a property on Goddard Way, Saffron Walden on November 25 between midnight and 7am. The bike is described as being in a good condition, with a removable red light and fake leather pouch strapped to it, and is valued at £500.
Thieves gained entry to a property on School Lane, Takeley on November 19 between 7am and 9.20pm. Items stolen from inside include; two laptops, a Samsung phone charger, keys, antique gold earrings, an Armani black and gold mens watch, a gold boxing glove ring, boxed aftershave, and a gold engagement ring with a diamond and white gold detail.
Overnight on November 20, three large holdalls of fishing equipment, worth around £4,000, were stolen from a Ford Transit van in Long Croft, Takeley. On the same night, a Ford Transit was also broken into in Ridley Gardens, Elsenham. Thieves stole a Dewalt 18 volt multi-cutter valued at £110, various Milwaukie electricians tools valued at £1,200, and other tools in a Stanley halfbox valued at £500.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 'Group of youths' set fire to football ground in Saffron Walden
- 5 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 7 Sir Tom Jones, Simple Minds, Elbow and the Bootleg Beatles to headline four nights of concerts at Audley End
- 8 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 9 Museum art project to explore 'The Lost Language of Nature'
- 10 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
Damage was caused to a black Audi A5 in Knights Way, Great Dunmow by scratching the front and nearside doors between 4.30pm on November 20 and 1.15pm on November 21.
Overnight on November 21, a black BMV convertible, parked on Reeve Road, Stansted Mountfitchet, was keyed along the driver’s side causing around £300 worth of damage.
Thieves gained entry to a property along Gatson Green, Little Hallingbury, on November 23 between 12.15pm and 2.30pm by smashing a wooden side door. A two figure sum of cash was stolen from inside.
A red Ford Transit van, parked in Clipped Hedge, Hatfield Heath, was stolen overnight on November 23. The van contained various cleaning chemicals, hoovers and a cleaning water tank worth more than £1,000.
Thieves entered a barn on Stebbing Road, Felsted overnight on November 24 by removing the padlock, and stole items from within.
A Yamaha quad bike was stolen from Weavers Close, Great Dunmow overnight on November 26.