Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
A silver Fiat Scudo vehicle, parked on Wedow Road, Thaxted, was broken into between 7pm on January 14 and 5.30pm on January 15. Thieves gained entry by removing the barrel lock on the driver’s side sliding door, and stole four drills and a gas analyser to the total value of £2,500.
Thieves broke into an allotment shed in Windmill Hill, Saffron Walden between December 23 and January 10 and stole a Makita strimmer, McAllister lawnmower, a pruning knife and various other garden tools.
Between 10am on January 10 and 9pm on January 11, entry was gained into a garage off Jackson’s Lane in Great Chesterford. Two padlocks were snapped and the back door was forced, causing damage valued at £310. No items were stolen in the incident.
Vandals scratched the passenger side of a Toyota Rav 4, which was parked on the High Street, Newport, between 6.30pm on January 7 and 6am on January 8.
A built-in satellite navigation system was stolen from a white Seat Ibiza between 3pm on January 9 and 12pm on January 10. The vehicle was parked in Newell Road, Stansted, and it is unknown how the thieves gained entry.
The front and back number plates from a black Peugeot 5008 were stolen between 4pm on January 10 and 10.15am on January 11. The vehicle was parked at The Heath in Hatfield Heath.
At 6.15pm on January 11, an alarm sounded at an address in Causeway End Road, Felsted when suspects jemmied the hasp from the wall and opened a detached garage door. They fled the scene upon hearing the alarm.
- 1 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 2 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 4 The Railway Arms is North West Essex CAMRA Pub of the Year
- 5 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 6 Drugs, cash and handguns seized in Essex
- 7 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 8 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 9 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 10 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
The front number plate from a silver Toyota Yaris was stolen between 8am on January 11 and 9am on January 12. The vehicle was parked at Flitch Industrial Estate, Chelmsford Road, Dunmow and no damage was caused.
A shed in Hartford Road, Felsted, was broken into between 6pm on January 11 and 9am on January 12. A padlock was cut off, causing £20 worth of damage, but nothing was stolen.