Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
The passenger side of a Toyota Rav 4 was scratched between 6.30pm on January 7 and 6am on January 8. The vehicle was parked in High Street, Newport.
Burglars attempted to gain entry to a property on Dockerell Road, Stansted between December 31 and January 4 and caused damage around the lock and cracked the wooden front door.
The front and back number plates were stolen from a blue Ford Fusion, parked on Godfrey Way, Great Dunmow on January 4 at around 5.30pm.
A dark blue Ford was stolen from the roadside in Medlers Mead, Hatfield Broad Oak between 7pm and 10.45pm on January 7. There was no sign of any smashed glass on the roadside and the owner has both sets of keys.
A number plate was removed from a BMW X5, parked on Cambridge Road, Quendon, between December 31 and January 2.
You may also want to watch:
Two Royal Mail post boxes have been pulled out of the ground and stolen from Finchingfield Road in Little Sampford on December 31.
A Ford Transit van, which was parked on Rowntree Way, Saffron Walden was broken into in between January 1 and January 4. Items stolen include an open top builder’s bag, a large hacksaw, various screwdrivers, hand tools, drill bits and adjustable spanners. Total value of items stolen is estimated at £800.
- 1 Essex Highways proposes 11-week closure to main road near Thaxted
- 2 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 3 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 4 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 5 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 6 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 9 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 10 Autumn budget fails to address key air travel challenges, say industry chiefs
Overnight on January 3, the front and back number plates from a black Lexus RX300 were removed. The vehicle was parked on Elder Street, Debden.
A considerable amount of damage was caused to a white Seat Dublo van parked on The Hyde, Clavering overnight on January 3 as attempted burglars sought access. The driver’s side door, the driver’s side sliding door and the rear doors were damaged but no entry was gained.
Between 6.30am and 5.30pm, entry was gained to a property on Hill Road, Hempstead by smashing the back door window, but nothing was stolen from inside.
Vandals slashed the nearside curtain of a DAF truck parked in the service station at Birchanger between 10pm on January 7 and 3.30am on January 8. A cardboard box containing aircraft parts was removed and the contents were later found in the car park. A shrink-wrapped pallet was also slashed but nothing was stolen.
Any information about these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.