Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
A property in Saxon Way, Saffron Walden was broken into between December 18 and December 20. Entry was gained by smashing the back conservatory door and it is yet unknown whether anything was taken.
Thieves gained access to a garage in Church Field, Saffron Walden between December 1 and December 20 by breaking the lock. Items stolen from inside were a Stihl jet/pressure washer, a Stihl chainsaw, and a Stihl hedge trimmer. Damage to the garage door is estimated at £800.
Thieves broke into a site office in Green Road, Saffron Walden between December 18 and December 20 by breaking the window. They then moved a forklift truck out of the way of a container on-site to steal a number of power tools, including disc cutters, from inside the container.
Two further sites on Dunmow Road, Takeley were also burgled on December 18. In the first incident, thieves gained entry to an office by using a key located on-site. The office and various containers were searched, and it is not known what was stolen at this time.
In the second burglary, thieves broke the windows to the site office and then searched containers to steal a construction plant generator, valued at £800, a construction plant treacher, valued at £800, two disc cutters, a wacker plate, jumping jack and a jenny. There was also damage to a digger on-site, estimated at £500.
Between 7pm and 8.30pm on December 18, an unsuccessful attempt was made to remove a domestic oil tank in Dunmow Road, White Roding.
Vandals ripped a wooden plant trough from the wall on the front of the house in Cambridge Road, Stansted overnight on December 20, and threw it to the ground, causing damage.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
The back window of a Silver Renault Megane, which was parked in The Copse, Bannister Green, was smashed on Christmas Eve between 4pm and 4.40pm. The parcel shelf was tampered with, but no access was gained to the vehicle. Value of the damage is estimated at £270.
The window to a property in New Street, Great Dunmow was smashed and damaged on Christmas Eve at 11.55am.