Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole a bicycle from the bike rack of a vehicle, which was parked at Bull Ring, Thaxted, on January 16 between 2am and 9.30am. The cycle is described as a white Trek Domaine 4.0 road bike and is valued at £1,800.
A Volkswagen Golf, which was parked on Gibson Close, Saffron Walden, was damaged overnight on January 17. Vandals used an unknown implement to scratch 3ft along the front driver’s side panel.
Thieves entered the back garden of a property in Woodfields, Stansted on January 15 between 10.30am and 11.30am and removed four pots, six garden statues, and two white Butler sinks from the shed.
Between 1pm and 10pm on January 17, an attempt was made to gain access to a property in Ravens Crescent, Felsted. Around £2,000 worth of damage was caused after attempts to jemmy the back door and double glazed window.
A shed was broken into at a sports ground in Henham between January 16 and January 19. Windows were smashed inside and a lock on a tractor was damaged in an attempt to steal the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Between 5pm on January 19 and 8am on January 20, forced entry was gained to a building site in Henham. Damage was caused during a search but no items were taken.
Vandals caused damage to a parking meter in Bush End, Takeley, between 4pm on January 19 and 10am on January 20. Damage was valued at £120.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
Vandals caused criminal damage worth £20 to a community building in Little Canfield on January 21.
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.