Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Thieves gained access to a property in Bailey Bridge Road, Braintree on February 21 between 2.30pm and 4pm, by smashing the back patio doors.
Once inside, keys to a blue Vauxhall Corsa were taken and the car was then stolen from the driveway. The vehicle was later located in Great Notley.
A house in Walden Road, Littlebury was burgled between 11.30pm on February 22 and 8.20am on February 23. Thieves gained entry by forcing a back fanlight window and causing damage to window panes. A cream linen handbag with leather straps was stolen from inside the property and various items were found outside the house.
Copper piping and a water tank were stolen from a garage in Castle Street, Saffron Walden overnight on February 22. Thieves forced the lock and caused damage to the garage door.
A white Ford Transit van was stolen from a driveway in Castle Cross, Saffron Walden between 5pm on February 24 and 9.30am on February 25.
Overnight on February 22, thieves gained access to a Nissan Qashqai, which was parked in Town Street in Thaxted. No damage was caused to the vehicle but £30 in cash, a compact disc player, and an Apple tv box were stolen.
A Mitsubishi pickup truck, parked in Flitch Green, Felsted, was broken into overnight on February 24 by prising the back tailgate. Items stolen were; a saw, an angle grinder, an Hitachi drill, various gardening hand tools and bucket, a rake, a pruning knife, protective garden clothing, a petrol can, weed killer, a ladder, a Stihl petrol hedge trimmer, a garden strimmer, a chainsaw and an extension lead.
- 1 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 3 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 4 School activities and sports in pictures
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Post Office: change of location in Newport
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.