Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Freshwell Health Centre in Wethersfield Road, Finchingfield had a window smashed between March 24 and March 26. No entry was thought to be gained in the incident.
Just after midnight on March 27, the outer pane of a window in Castle Street, Saffron Walden was smashed by means unknown.
The front and back number plates to a silver Renault Trafic van were stolen overnight on March 26 in Walden Road, Little Chesterford.
Vandals caused criminal damage to a red Ford Escort van by smashing the windscreen, both side windows and rear lights. All of the tyres on the vehicle were also let down in the incident, which took place between March 25 and March 27 on Newport Road, Saffron Walden.
A single glazed window was smashed on Museum Street, Saffron Walden between March 25 and March 27 with an unknown object, causing £50 worth of damage.
You may also want to watch:
A property in Hawthorne Close, Takeley was broken into on March 26 at 3.05am as a window at the front of the property was forced open. It is thought nothing was stolen in the incident.
The front door of a property in Rumbles Way, Little Canfield was forced open overnight on March 25 and entry was gained. Nothing was stolen from inside.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 3 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 4 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Aviation day out at Audley End for west Essex Scouts groups
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
A barbers at The Heath, Hatfield Heath was broken into overnight on March 26 after the front door was smashed. A cash tin was stolen from inside.
Thieves smashed the offside front window to a black Nissan Note, parked on Hall Road, Elsenham, and stole a handbag from the foot well of the vehicle. The handbag contained an orange leather purse with a three-figure sum of cash inside. The incident took place on March 27 between 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
A grey Volkswagen Passat was stolen from a driveway in Chickney Road, Henham, overnight on March 27.
Anyone with information relating to any of these incidents can contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.