Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Criminal damage was caused to a blue Volvo, parked in Godfrey Way, Great Dunmow, on April 10 at 8.55pm, when a screw was inserted into the back offside tyre.
A handbag was stolen from a blue Renault Clio, parked on Parsonage Downs, Great Dunmow, between 9am and 4.30pm on April 19. The thief was able to reach through an open window to take the item.
Two gate post light were stolen from outside a property in Brewers End, Takeley, between 11.30 on April 16 and 6am on April 17. The lights were wrenched off the plinths to which they were attached.
Thieves gained entry to a double garage in Hempstead Road, Radwinter, between April 16 at 7pm and April 17 at 9.30am, by prizing open the wooden doors. Car items and parts were stolen from within.
A blue Ford S-Max car was stolen from Audley End Railway Station between 8.20am and 3.45pm on April 18.
A motor home was stolen from a property in Perry Road, Flitch Green, at 11.16pm on April 18, after thieves smashed the window of a black Volkswagen Golf and let off the handbrake to be able to remove the vehicle.
Suspects smashed a back patio door of a property in Chelmsford Road, Hatfield Heath on April 15 at 1.30pm, and opened it, but were interrupted by the house alarm. Nothing was believed to have been stolen in the incident.
- 1 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 4 Harmer haul helps Essex Eagles tame Sussex Sharks in VItality Blast
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 9 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
The cowling to each door mirror from a Mercedes C220, which was parked on a driveway in Park Road, Stansted on April 16 at 7.15pm. The owner thought the suspect was delivering leaflets, but the thief left soon after and got into a Mercedes C-Class, that was parked nearby. The car could have possibly been dark blue in colour.
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.