Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Criminal damage was caused to a black Hyundai Coupe, which was parked at Hazel Close in Great Dunmow, between 9pm on April 29 and 8.30am on May 1.
Thieves broke into a shed on Braintree Road in Felsted between 6.30am and 7.40am on April 29 by removing the hinges off the door. Items were stolen from within, but it is not known what was taken at this time.
Burglars attempted to gain access to a house in Sewards End by forcing the handles of the back patio doors and then lifting the panels on the conservatory roof. It is thought the thieves were scared off having seen the German shepherd dog in the conservatory. No entry was gained but damage was caused to door handles and roof panels.
A trailer was stolen from a farm at Hazel End in Farnham sometime between April 22 and April 29.
Thieves attempted to break into a green Fiat 500, parked on Dunmow Road in Takeley, between 10.35pm on May 3 and 1.30pm on May 4. An unknown implement was inserted into the vehicle, causing damage to the wiring of the passenger door and disabling the car’s central locking system.
You may also want to watch:
A house at Andrews, High Roding was broken into between April 26 and May 4 after the wooden front door was forced open and damaged was caused to the lock. It is unknown if anything was stolen at this time.
A white Aixam Mega Multitruck, used for picking up horse manure, was stolen from a field at the Downs in Stebbing between 6pm on May 2 and 9am on May 3.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Items were stolen from a shed in Bardfield End Green after thieves drilled holes in the padlocks before smashing two of them. The incident took place between May 1 and May 5.
Thieves attempted to gain access to a safe at Thaxted Parish Church in Watling Street, Thaxted, after breaking in. The attempt was unsuccessful and nothing was taken in the incident, which took place on May 4 at around 7.20pm.
A woman had an iPad stolen from her bag in Waitrose in Saffron Walden at around 3pm on May 4.
A men’s mountain bike was stolen from a back garden in Station Road, Saffron Walden after thieves got in through a side gate. The incident took place between midnight on April 29 and 7pm on May 5.
Any information can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.