Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
The ground sheet at Saffron Walden Cricket Club was ripped overnight between 9pm on July 15 and 8.51am on July 16.
The front number plate from a white Mercedes Sprinter van, parked in Thaxted Road, Saffron Walden, was stolen at midnight on July 17.
On July 18, at 10.57am, plants, a small wooden bridge, and two pallets were stolen from the side of a house in Little Walden Road, Saffron Walden.
Lead flashing, measuring approximately six inches by 30 inches, was stolen from the cellar window of a property in Mill Lane, Saffron Walden, between July 15 and 16.
Criminal damage was caused to a blue VW Golf, parked on Radwinter Road, between 8pm on April 29 and 7am on July 18. The aerial was bent 90 degrees, “4 Scrap” was scratched onto the roof and one of the valves was removed and a tyre was let down.
Items were stolen from a white Ford Transit van, parked on Station Road, Felsted, on July 20.
Stickers were placed on a Vauxhall Insignia car, parked in Shepherds Way, Saffron Walden, between 4pm and 6pm on July 20, which the owner had difficulty removing.
- 1 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 2 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 6 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 7 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 8 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 How to get tickets for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.