Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Jewellery and watch items were stolen from a house in Radwinter Road, Ashdon, after a burglary between 6am on August 6 and 4pm on August 20. Thieves gained entry via a window and caused damage to the window frame before searching upstairs bedrooms. They also entered the garage via a double glazed window.
A handbag was stolen from a red Volkswagen Golf in Church Street, Henham, on August 20 at 1.15pm. The thief opened the unlocked car door while the victim was present before taking the bag. A handbag was also stolen in King Street, Saffron Walden, on the same day at 2.21pm, while the bag was left unattended in a shop for a short period of time.
A house in High Street, Great Sampford, was burgled on August 19 at 12.30pm. The back window leading to the living room was forced open, resulting in all rooms being searched. It is unknown what has been stolen at this stage.
An attempted burglary took place at Latchmore Bank, Little Hallingbury, between 7pm on August 20 and 8am on August 21. A section of post and rail fencing was damaged in the attempt to gain access, and suspects also tried to force a metal electronic roller shutter garage door as well as a double wooden door to a stable. No entry was gained and nothing was stolen.
A bicycle was stolen from Pleasant Valley, Saffron Walden, between 3.30pm and 4.30pm on August 21.
You may also want to watch:
A pay and display machine in Bush End, Hatfield Broad Oak, was forced open between 4.30pm on August 20 and 8.45am on August 21, causing damage to the machine.
Any information can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost