Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
The back windscreen of a white Fiat 500, parked at Ongar Road, Great Dunmow, was smashed between 8.50am and 10.18am on August 14. Nothing was stolen in the incident.
A large circle was scored onto a ground floor window of a building in Feathers Hill, Hatfield Broad Oak, between 5pm on August 12 and 9.34am on August 15 in an attempt to get into the property. No entry was gained.
A gold Tag Heuer SEL watch, worth around £300, was stolen from the victim’s bedroom at Cage End, Hatfield Broad Oak, on August 15 at around 11.30am.
A defibrillator was stolen from outside the Community Information Centre in Town Street, Thaxted, between midnight on August 1 and 5pm on August 15. The Zoll AED plus defibrillator was taken from the wall mounted cabinet at the front of the building.
Various tools were stolen from a shed, in High Street, Debden, after thieves entered the back garden. The incident took place between August 8 and August 15.
You may also want to watch:
Damage was caused to a blue Vauxhall Zafira in Eldridge Close, Clavering, at 12.39am.
Items were stolen from a white Volkswagen Transporter van, parked in High Street, Henham, between 11pm on August 17 and 3.39pm on August 18. Thieves gained entry by means unknown through the back and side doors.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
A blue Ford Galaxy, parked in Hill Street, Saffron Walden, was spray painted green in three areas on the nearside doors between August 17 at 6.30pm and August 18 at 9.55pm. A dent was also made in the back nearside door.
Lead was removed from the roof of a building in Walden Road, Radwinter, between August 18 at 5pm and August 19 at 12.15pm.
Any information can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.