Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
The window of a house in Town Street, Thaxted, was smashed on July 23 at 2.04am. The window cost £70 to replace.
The battery from a black Fiat Seicento, which was parked in the residents car park at Dockerell Road, Stansted, was stolen between 10pm on July 20 and 11am on July 21.
Criminal damage was caused to a white Volvo in Baynard Avenue, Felsted, between 7am and noon on July 23. A dent was found in the back door and wheel arch.
A wing mirror was ripped off a red Volvo XC70, parked in Carmel Street, Great Chesterford, between 11,10pm and 11.15pm on July 22. The vandals kicked the mirror down the street before running off down a foot path.
A Yanmar mini digger was stolen from a site in Mill Lane, Hatfield Heath, between 4.30pm on July 22 and 9am on July 25.
A blue Ford Transit van was stolen from Broadfield, High Roding, between 11.15pm on July 25 and 1.47am on July 26.
Between 6pm and 7pm on July 24, a set of keys were stolen after they had been left in the front door at Goodwins Close, Little Canfield. The victim had been washing her car and went back into her flat. When she came back out, she found her keys had been stolen.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
Lead was stolen from the roof of Debden Church and damage was caused to the parapet between 6pm on July 25 and 6am on July 26.
Thieves stole three car batteries from open farm land in Little Dunmow between 4pm on July 26 and 7am on July 27.
Four racks of ribs were stolen from an outbuilding in Little Hallingbury at 10.56pm on July 22.
An unknown substance was poured over a blue Ford KA, parked in Upper Mill Field, Dunmow, causing the paint to bubble on the roof and down the sides. The incident took place between 10pm on July 26 and 11am on July 27.
The front driver’s window of a vehicle in Woodview Road, Dunmow, was smashed between 2pm and 3.50pm on July 21.
Thieves broke into a shed in Little Canfield between 5am and noon on July 27, and stole various items after smashing the padlock to gain entry.
Criminal damage was caused to a building in Elsenham after vandals jumped over the gate and smashed a window and all the security cameras. The incident took place between 10am on July 26 and 10.44am on July 28.
A catalytic convertor was stolen from a black Honda Accord, parked at Goddard Way, Saffron Walden, between 11pm on July 27 and 8.30am on July 28.
An unknown substance was sprayed along the bonnet, windscreen and near-side wing of a vehicle in Littlebury between 4pm on July 14 and 3.30 on July 15.
Items were stolen from a garage at the bottom of a garden in Victoria Avenue, Saffron Walden, between noon on July 22 and 3pm on July 29.
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.