Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
An attempt was made to break into a house in Henham between 3.30pm on August 7 and 10am on August 8. The suspect tried to force the front door and the Yale lock was broken, but the bolts remained in place. No entry was gained.
Items were stolen from a building site at Lower Street, Stansted, after thieves forced their way into units. The incident took place between August 8 at 6.30pm and August 9 at 8am.
Thieves stole the contents of a glove compartment along with a pair of sunglasses and loose change from a blue Ford Focus in Brewers End, Takeley. The incident took place between 2pm on August 6 and 8am on August 8.
Between 9.30am on August 9 and 10.15am on August 10, a building in Church Road, Great Hallingbury, was broken into after theives jemmied open the door. Items were stolen from inside.
Criminal damage was caused to a white Volvo V40 and a black Volkswagen Golf in Takeley between 11am on July 22 and 12.30 on August 6. The front nearside windscreen wiper of the Volvo was snapped and scratches were made on all surfaces of the Golf.
Various tools, including a drill and a radio, were stolen from a site in Wood End Green, Henham, between 11pm on August 10 and 6am on August 11. Two cycles were stolen from Little Dunmow. Firstly, a silver Carerra mountain bike was stolen from a park in Baynard Avenue at 3pm on August 11, while the victim was nearby. A second bike was taken from Tomlinson Road around the same time frame from a victim’s car port.
A purse was stolen from a victim’s bag in King Street, Saffron Walden, on August 12 around 11am. All the cash was removed and the purse and the rest of its contents were later found discarded.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
An attempt was made to break into a building in St Johns Road, Stansted, between 2pm on August 10 and 9am on August 12. Suspects placed a metal implement in the key hole to the entrance door and tried wedging it open using a spoon. Damage was caused to the framework but no entry was gained.
Damage was caused to the boot and passenger side panel of a green Volkswagen Golf in North Road, Takeley, between August 5 and August 12.
A new bicycle, valued at £400, was stolen from the back of the victim’s driveway in Newton Green, Great Dunmow, between 11am and 4pm on August 12. Two old car batteries and a hoover, which were due to be recycled, were also taken.
Any information regarding these incidents can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.