Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Items were stolen after thieves burgled a house in Stansted overnight on September 10. The suspects forced the front door of the property in Croasdaile Road and searched the kitchen and living room. Most items were later recovered.
A house in Thaxted Road, Little Sampford, was burgled between 4am on September 6 and 3pm on September 9. Thieves gained entry by forcing the front door and causing damage to the lock. An upstairs search was conducted and a pillow case was used to carry stolen jewellery.
A female woke up and disturbed a burglar who was in the bedroom of her house in Braintree Road, Felsted, at around 3.15am on September 12. The burglar entered through the bedroom window and searched the room before leaving back through the window when the victim woke up. The victim’s handbag was stolen in the incident.
Items were taken from a house in Dell Road, Little Hallingbury, between 1.45pm and 3.30pm on September 13, after thieves got into the property via the back window and conducted a search.
A vehicle was driven across land at Wicken Road, Clavering, between 9pm on September 16 and 10am on September 17, involved with hare coursing, which caused approximately £1,000 worth of damage to crops.
Around £500 worth of damage was also caused to land at Strethall Road, in Littlebury, between 9.30am and 11am on September 11, after a dark green Subaru estate was driven across for hare and partridge coursing.
Damage was also caused to land in Wicken Bonhunt between 10.30am and 2.26pm on September 11 after a green Subaru was again seen.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
A white Ford Transit pick-up with purple signed writing was stolen from Feathers Hill, Hatfield Broad Oak, at 11pm on September 17.
An Apple iPhone SE was stolen from the jacket pocket of the owner at The Causeway, Great Dunmow, at around 7pm on September 17.
A black Vengeane mountain bike, which was left behind the electric brick building next to Dunmow Primary School on Woodlands Park Drive, was stolen between 12.30pm and 2pm on September 17.
All four wheels of a red Mazda, parked in Bardfield Road, Thaxted, were removed between 3.45pm on September 13 and 8.30am on September 14.
Tools were stolen from a white Citroen Berlingo van, which was parked in Gaunts End, Elsenham, on September 20 at 10.30pm. Entry was gained after the driver’s side window was smashed, and thieves opened the sliding door from within,
Broken laptops, monitors and lighting equipment was stolen from the back of a property in South Road, Saffron Walden, between 3pm on September 17 and 10am on September 19. The items were left next to a bin and under some lumber.
A white Ford Transit van, parked at Glebe End, Elsenham, was broken into between 10.30pm on September 20 and 7.10am on September 21. It is unknown if anything was stolen.
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.