Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
A mountain bike was stolen from the front garden of a home in Sheds Lane, Saffron Walden, between 5pm and 7pm on October 7.
A mobile phone was stolen after a car was broken into at Parsonage Downs, Dunmow, between 8.30pm and 9.30pm on October 10. Damage was also caused to the passenger side door and the passenger side window.
Suspects attempted to gain entry to a house in Springfields, Dunmow, between 6pm on October 3 and 3pm on October 6, by placing a plastic card into the window frame near to the lock. No entry was gained and no damage was caused in the incident.
A car, parked at Broom Farm Road, Elsenham, was broken into between 6.30pm on October 10 and 7.30am on October 11. The glove compartment was searched and items were left on the front seat, but nothing was stolen.
A black Nissan Qashqai Acenta was also targeted in Elm Close, Elsenham, between October 10 and 11. A Tote bag, containing various items, was stolen, although the bag was later found damaged with some make-up and paperwork missing. No damage was caused to the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Two silver chairs were taken from outside the back of premises in Market Place, Dunmow, and thrown into the duck pond. The incident took place at just after 1.30pm on October 8.
Tools were stolen from a Citroen C15 Champ van in Great Easton between 9pm on October 10 and 6.12am on October 11. Thieves gained entry by cutting the back window before leaning in to open the door.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
Property was stolen from a silver Vauxhall Corsa, parked in Green Road, Newport, between 7pm on October 10 and 7am on October 11.
A house in Chestnut Way, Takeley, was broken into between 1pm and 5.40pm on October 12 and thieves located keys to a Ford Iveco before stealing the vehicle.
Children’s toys and garden equipment were stolen from a shed at Shire Hill, Saffron Walden, between 4pm on October 13 and 7.45am on October 14. The thieves gained access by cutting and removing the padlock.
A property in St John’s Road, Stansted, was broken into at 7.29pm on October 13 after thieves jemmied the front door, causing damage. A messy search of a bedroom was made but nothing was stolen.
Any information regarding any of these crimes can be reported to police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.