Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow weekly crime round-up
- Credit: Archant
Suspects attempted to break into a house in Glebe End, Elsenham, between noon on October 9 and 7am on October 15, by trying to prise the door open. No entry was gained.
Between midnight on October 14 and 11am on October 15, 22 bags of stones and salt were placed into the victim’s skip in Elsenham.
A blue Mitsubishi L200 was scratched on the passenger side between October 12 and October 13. The vehicle was parked in Little Canfield.
Criminal damage to two vehicles took place in West Road, Stansted, on October 18. A black Vauxhall Meriva received a dent and scratches to the bonnet and back offside door. A blue BMW M5 also had scratches and a dent to its back offside door.
A woman had her purse and other contents of her handbag stolen in Hill Street, Saffron Walden, at around 2.20pm on October 19. The thief engaged the woman in conversation before taking her pink floral purse and other items from her bag.
You may also want to watch:
A milk churn was stolen from the victim’s front garden in Aythorpe Roding at 2.07pm on October 20. The thieves drove off in a white van following the theft.
Two tyres were slashed and scratches were caused to a silver Peugeot 407, which was parked in Priors Wood Court, Takeley, between 3pm on October 20 and 4.50am on October 21.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes