Saffron Walden artists prepare for exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Two Saffron Walden artists are about to complete their tuition course at the Curwen Print Study Centre in Linton.
For three weeks, Anne Cardwell and Alison Gladman have been studying different types of print-making, including etching, lino, silk screens and drypoint.
Ms Cardwell said: “As a group we’ve had a most exciting and productive year – with the encouragement of our fantastic tutors, we have all surpassed our own creative expectations.”
The course will finish with a graduation exhibition, this year entitled ‘Inkpots’, from November 14-15.
Their work can be viewed on Saturday between 1pm and 4pm and on Sunday from noon-3pm.
You may also want to watch:
What’s more, visitors can buy some of the prints for £35, which will include collographs, monoprints, etchings and silk screens.
Ms Gladman added: “With known stalwarts of the art community like Chloe Cheese and Stanley Jones, who assess our work throughout the course, we have every chance to develop our artistic talents. It’s an amazing facility.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
“Saffron Walden is very fortunate to have it on its doorstep and with many varied and appealing short courses throughout the year it really is accessible for all levels.”
The exhibition will also be collecting for Children in Need, as will next door’s coffee shop at the Chilford Hall Vineyard.