Saffron Walden author releases final instalment of trilogy
- Credit: Archant
A new dystopian fiction written by a Saffron Walden author came out in paperback last week (November 14).
This will be the third book in a series by Katrina Mountfort, 51, who has lived in Saffron Walden for ten years.
It is about a future where people live in huge domes, are celebrity obsessed, and are forbidden from having personal relationships.
A couple manage to get out, and now have to live in the primitive communities that exist outside of the dome.
The first book is called Future Perfect, the second Forbidden Alliance, and this new book is called Freedom’s Prisoners.
You may also want to watch:
Katrina, who earns a living as a science writer for medical journals, said: “It’s been a thrill because writing was something I wanted to do my whole entire life, but it’s actually tinged with sadness, when you’ve spent so many years with a group of characters it’s hard to leave them behind.”
It has been out as an e-book for two months now, but the paperback, published by Elsewhen Press, came out on Monday.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
She is just about to move back up to York this year, where she grew up, but said she has “absolutely loved” living in Saffron Walden because it’s “beautiful”, a “friendly town”, and the friends she made here have “been very supportive” of her writing.
Katrina has lots of ideas of her next book, including a ghostly romance.
The book is available from Hart’s Books in Saffron Walden and on Amazon.