Saffron Walden-based disability charity receives �25,000 funding boost
A SAFFON Walden-based national charity has received a major funding boost havig been awarded a two-year grant of �25,000 from the Lloyds TSB Foundation.
Fledglings, founded in 1998, aims to improve the lives of disabled children and give relief to their families and carers by providing advice, and sourcing and supplying products and services to meet individual needs.
Last year the charity received over 8,400 requests for help and information.
The charity recently appointed Gerry Reilly to the position of director, and the two-year grant will be used towards funding this position.
Mr Reilly said: “We are so grateful to the Lloyds TSB Foundation for their generosity.”
You may also want to watch:
Ruth Lingard, founder of the charity, said: “We are absolutely delighted that Gerry has joined us as director. His commercial and fundraising experience will bring considerable benefit to Fledglings as we develop and grow. This grant from the Lloyds TSB Foundation towards funding the director’s position is a huge boost.”
Fledglings received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service in 2004 and Mrs Lingard was awarded an MBE in 2005 for her services to the charitable sector.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Fledglings is holding a Charity Quiz Night on Saturday April 28, starting at 7.30pm, in the Masonic Hall, Church Street, Saffron Walden. Tickets, at �12.50, can be obtained by calling 0845 458 1124, and includes an evening meal, entry to the quiz and a raffle. There will also be a licensed bar.
“I do hope that as many people as possible will come along to support the quiz night. All the proceeds will be going to support Fledglings’ services so everyone attending will be making a material difference to the lives of disabled children and their families,” said Mr Reilly.
For information about Fledglings, visit fledglings.org.uk or facebook.com/Fledglingscharity