Saffron Walden-based sight charity to highlight vision problem
A SAFFRON Walden charity is hosting a series of open days to highlight the profile of sight loss and vision problems. Support 4 Sight will begin with an exhibition on sight and sound technology on Tuesday February 2. Experts in the field of visual impair
A SAFFRON Walden charity is hosting a series of open days to highlight the profile of sight loss and vision problems.
Support 4 Sight will begin with an exhibition on sight and sound technology on Tuesday February 2. Experts in the field of visual impairment will be on hand to demonstrate, give guidance and advice on the latest technology, such as document scanners, screen readers, magnification computer software and the latest mobile phone scanning technology.
Support 4 Sight's dedicated team of volunteers will also assist with tuition, as well as advice and support when it comes to looking for work.
Support 4 Sight - which is based at 2 and 4 George Street - helps 2700 people each year with sight loss and associated problems by giving information, support and training. Services include home visiting, computer training, social events, information desks and supplying equipment through its resource centre. Many of the services are conducted by local volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like further information or would like to make an appointment for a demonstration of useful aids to assist visually impaired people, contact: Paul Atkins, resource centre and volunteer manager on 01799 523700 or e-mail email@example.com. The centre is open Monday to Friday 9.30am - 2.30pm.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer