Saffron Walden Bed Race is ‘exhilarating and entertaining’ spectacle
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s Bed Race on Sunday was an “exhilarating and entertaining” spectacle.
Five teams representing various countries of the world did battle around the market square to a jubilant crowd.
The teams competing were:
“RA Banditos” (RAB school): Chris McGrath, Rob Kerison, Stuart Hopkins, Dan Harris and Kouros Roshanzamir.
Fire Brigade: Dan Foster, Adam Foster, Dave Birks, Joe Taylor and Dale White.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Circle: Chloe Wakelin, Bexs Smith, Ollie Webber, Marcia Aislabie and Gary Aislabie.
County High School: Byron Sindell, Andy Scott, Andy Boyd, Paul McNally and Chris Edwards.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Town council backs new support club
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
Round Table: Stephen Woodard, George Crocker, James Cleaver, James Scott and Toby Montague.
RA Banditos (representing Mexico) won the tournament, closely followed by the Fire Brigade team.
Event organiser Guy Shackleton said: “I’d like to give special thanks to the Ladies Circle, Diamonds, St John’s Ambulance, 3D-Events, Uttlesford District Council, the Round Table, all the participating teams and the crowd for supporting this event and making it such a success.”
Saffron Walden’s Round Table is driven by the enthusiasm of thee community to put on events like these and welcome new members and fresh ideas. Visit swrt.orgfor information and how to join.