Saffron Walden Bed Race is ‘exhilarating and entertaining’ spectacle
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s Bed Race on Sunday was an “exhilarating and entertaining” spectacle.
Five teams representing various countries of the world did battle around the market square to a jubilant crowd.
The teams competing were:
“RA Banditos” (RAB school): Chris McGrath, Rob Kerison, Stuart Hopkins, Dan Harris and Kouros Roshanzamir.
Fire Brigade: Dan Foster, Adam Foster, Dave Birks, Joe Taylor and Dale White.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Circle: Chloe Wakelin, Bexs Smith, Ollie Webber, Marcia Aislabie and Gary Aislabie.
County High School: Byron Sindell, Andy Scott, Andy Boyd, Paul McNally and Chris Edwards.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 7 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 8 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
Round Table: Stephen Woodard, George Crocker, James Cleaver, James Scott and Toby Montague.
RA Banditos (representing Mexico) won the tournament, closely followed by the Fire Brigade team.
Event organiser Guy Shackleton said: “I’d like to give special thanks to the Ladies Circle, Diamonds, St John’s Ambulance, 3D-Events, Uttlesford District Council, the Round Table, all the participating teams and the crowd for supporting this event and making it such a success.”
Saffron Walden’s Round Table is driven by the enthusiasm of thee community to put on events like these and welcome new members and fresh ideas. Visit swrt.orgfor information and how to join.