Saffron Walden Bed Race is ‘exhilarating and entertaining’ spectacle
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s Bed Race on Sunday was an “exhilarating and entertaining” spectacle.
Five teams representing various countries of the world did battle around the market square to a jubilant crowd.
The teams competing were:
“RA Banditos” (RAB school): Chris McGrath, Rob Kerison, Stuart Hopkins, Dan Harris and Kouros Roshanzamir.
Fire Brigade: Dan Foster, Adam Foster, Dave Birks, Joe Taylor and Dale White.
You may also want to watch:
Ladies Circle: Chloe Wakelin, Bexs Smith, Ollie Webber, Marcia Aislabie and Gary Aislabie.
County High School: Byron Sindell, Andy Scott, Andy Boyd, Paul McNally and Chris Edwards.
- 1 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 2 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 3 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 4 Tools collection is a huge success
- 5 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 8 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
Round Table: Stephen Woodard, George Crocker, James Cleaver, James Scott and Toby Montague.
RA Banditos (representing Mexico) won the tournament, closely followed by the Fire Brigade team.
Event organiser Guy Shackleton said: “I’d like to give special thanks to the Ladies Circle, Diamonds, St John’s Ambulance, 3D-Events, Uttlesford District Council, the Round Table, all the participating teams and the crowd for supporting this event and making it such a success.”
Saffron Walden’s Round Table is driven by the enthusiasm of thee community to put on events like these and welcome new members and fresh ideas. Visit swrt.orgfor information and how to join.