Saffron Walden bell ringers hit the right note for playgroup
- Credit: Archant
Bell ringers in Saffron Walden have made an a-peal-ing donation to a special playgroup.
Saffron Walden Society of Change Ringers presented a cheque for £200 to the Saffron Walden Opportunity Playgroup (SWOP) last week.
The group is aimed at children aged 0-5 years with special needs, their parents, carers and under school age siblings.
Play leader Sally James said: “It makes a big difference getting support from the community, especially as we never know where the next money is coming from.
“We have been running for 25 years and we hope to continue to support the community with the service we provide.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ringers raised the money by running a stall at the Late Night Shopping event in Saffron Walden in December, while members decided not to swap Christmas cards and instead donated the money saved to top up the fund.
SWOP is looking for more volunteers. The playgroup meets every Wednesday during term time at the United Reformed Church, Abbey Lane, from 10am until noon.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 9 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 10 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
Contact Sally on 07748 918289 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.