Saffron Walden branch of Citizens Advice Bureau extends opening hours
EXTENDED opening hours are now being offered at the Saffron Walden branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The office on Barnard s Yard will be open on Wednesday afternoons and available by appointment to people looking for general advice. We are del
EXTENDED opening hours are now being offered at the Saffron Walden branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
The office on Barnard's Yard will be open on Wednesday afternoons and available by appointment to people looking for general advice.
"We are delighted that we are in a position to open additional hours in Saffron Walden," said manager of Uttlesford CAB Kate Robson. "This has been made possible by the commitment of our volunteers and additional funding both in terms of paying for experienced supervision on the session and by allowing us to train six new generalist advisers."
The CAB office in Great Dunmow increased its availability in March from eight hours a week to 12 and demand jumped by 30 per cent (comparing the first quarter of this year with the same period last year).
You may also want to watch:
An outreach in Thaxted was also re-instated in April and now regularly fills the three appointments available each week.
"Offering appointments for generalist advice is new in Saffron Walden but it was highlighted as something clients would welcome in a recent client satisfaction survey undertaken in June," said Ms Robson.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
"Appointments will be offered to clients after a brief assessment is made about the nature and complexity of their enquiry - this assessment can be made by calling the bureau or popping in for 10 minutes."
Uttlesford CAB will continue to offer a drop-in service in Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden however it is likely that the number of appointment-only spaces will be increased if proves popular.
A drop-in service is offered at Saffron Walden from 9.30am to 3.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
In Great Dunmow a drop-in session runs on Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. Thaxted CAB offers pre-booked appointments on Friday morning.
For Saffron Walden and Thaxted CAB call 08444 775986 and for Great Dunmow call 01371 875593.