Saffron Walden branch of Citizens Advice Bureau extends opening hours
EXTENDED opening hours are now being offered at the Saffron Walden branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB). The office on Barnard s Yard will be open on Wednesday afternoons and available by appointment to people looking for general advice. We are del
EXTENDED opening hours are now being offered at the Saffron Walden branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
The office on Barnard's Yard will be open on Wednesday afternoons and available by appointment to people looking for general advice.
"We are delighted that we are in a position to open additional hours in Saffron Walden," said manager of Uttlesford CAB Kate Robson. "This has been made possible by the commitment of our volunteers and additional funding both in terms of paying for experienced supervision on the session and by allowing us to train six new generalist advisers."
The CAB office in Great Dunmow increased its availability in March from eight hours a week to 12 and demand jumped by 30 per cent (comparing the first quarter of this year with the same period last year).
An outreach in Thaxted was also re-instated in April and now regularly fills the three appointments available each week.
"Offering appointments for generalist advice is new in Saffron Walden but it was highlighted as something clients would welcome in a recent client satisfaction survey undertaken in June," said Ms Robson.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
"Appointments will be offered to clients after a brief assessment is made about the nature and complexity of their enquiry - this assessment can be made by calling the bureau or popping in for 10 minutes."
Uttlesford CAB will continue to offer a drop-in service in Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden however it is likely that the number of appointment-only spaces will be increased if proves popular.
A drop-in service is offered at Saffron Walden from 9.30am to 3.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
In Great Dunmow a drop-in session runs on Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30am to 3.30pm. Thaxted CAB offers pre-booked appointments on Friday morning.
For Saffron Walden and Thaxted CAB call 08444 775986 and for Great Dunmow call 01371 875593.