Saffron Walden businesses urged to attend important meeting to discuss future of the town centre
POSSIBLY the most important meeting in recent times for businesses and those providing a service based in Saffron Walden is being held later this month.
The meeting hosted by the town and district councils will include hearing about how other towns are organising themselves to improve the experiences people have and how they are attracting more people into the town centre.
Simon Jackson, Uttlesford District Council’s economic development officer, said: “Hundreds of town and city centres across the UK have organised themselves to work collectively to fight back against the ongoing recession, competition from neighbouring town and city centres, out of town shopping and on line shopping.
“Saffron Walden is not immune from these pressures and the objective of the meeting is to ascertain if people want to work together and develop a plan of action for the town centre.”
The district council’s cabinet member for Community Partnerships and Engagement, Cllr Howard Rolfe added: “Footfall and the shopping experience are important ingredients in maintaining vibrant commercial communities. Sharing these ideas and working collaboratively is good business practice.”
You may also want to watch:
Saffron Walden Town Council clerk Simon Lloyd said: “Saffron Walden is a wonderful town with lots to offer the shopper and visitor including the market and great events such as the firework display. We feel the time is right to encourage all those with an interest in the town centre to work together to provide an even better experience and encourage more people to come to the town.”
The meeting is on January 23, from 6-8pm in Assembly Rooms at the Town Hall. It is open to anyone who has a business or provides a service based in the town centre. No booking is required. For information, contact Simon Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 2 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport