Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: A touch of jazz for a Sunday evening (July 3)
ORGANISERS have laid on a trio of acts for the Carnival Jazz evening which is guaranteed to surpass any Sunday evening in the famous marquee.
? Opening the night is Sara Spade. Bringing new life to the vintage uke/voice combo, with favourite tunes like Leaning on a Lamppost, plus her own hit song Beautiful (saraspade.com)
? Saffron Walden’s own Joanna Eden has wowed audiences of thousands at Audley End and Kenwood House, as well as appearing with the Buena Vista Social Club and on the Parkinson Show on BBC2 (joannaeden.com)
? King Salsa have been described as a ‘powershouse Latin band with a truly infectious vibe’. The 13-piece band is led by Robin Jones – the ‘Godfather of British salsa’ (kingsalsa.co.uk).
You may also want to watch:
Round Table Carnival Marquee
Doors open at 6pm (families welcome)
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or visit 8dayweekend.co.uk