Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Comedy Store stars set for the stage (July 5)
BAVARIAN / COMEDY NIGHT COMEDY Store comedians Paul Thorne, Jarred Christmas, Paul Tonkinson and Tom Stade will open proceedings on Tuesday as a new partnership of comedy and a Bavarian Oompah band bring a Barrel of Laughs to the carnival.
• Tonkinson is a first class act, bullet-proof with a plethora of universally funny material.
• Thorne is one of Britain’s most established and sought-after stand-ups.
• Christmas has a unique comic talent with a character all of his own.
• Canadian Stade has made the UK his home and has a distinctive laid-back style.
You may also want to watch:
The night will be completed by the returning Bavarian Band. A fusion of thigh and lederhosen slapping, participants will need to practice their yodelling techniques and prepare to sleep for a week in preparation for the event of all events.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 6 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 7 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 8 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 9 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
Saffron Walden Round Table Marquee, The Common
Doors open at 7.30am
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk