Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Go West headline the carnival send-off - it’s Final Night Party! (July 9)
CELEBRATING 25 years together and one of the greatest singer-songwriter acts from the magnificent 80s, Go West, featuring Peter Cox and Richie Drummie, will headline the 2011 final night party.
With their first hit We Close our Eyes in 1985 being the first of many including Tracks of My Tears, Call Me, and the opening song from the film Pretty Woman, King of Wishful Thinking.
Joining Go West will be Nik Kershaw who had mega-hits such as I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Wouldn’t It Be Good. He maintains a huge following today and organisers have hailed him as a “fantastic addition to this year’s line up”.
Support will be provided by Curiosity Killed the Cat with lead singer Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot performing hits including Misfit, Down to Earth, Hang On In There Baby and Name and Number.
To finish off the line-up world number one Michael Jackson impersonator Navi will also be performing to round off the event in thrilling fashion.
You may also want to watch:
�20 Doors open at 7.30pm (over 18s)
Round Table Carnival Marquee, The Common
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk