Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Go West headline the carnival send-off - it’s Final Night Party! (July 9)
CELEBRATING 25 years together and one of the greatest singer-songwriter acts from the magnificent 80s, Go West, featuring Peter Cox and Richie Drummie, will headline the 2011 final night party.
With their first hit We Close our Eyes in 1985 being the first of many including Tracks of My Tears, Call Me, and the opening song from the film Pretty Woman, King of Wishful Thinking.
Joining Go West will be Nik Kershaw who had mega-hits such as I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Wouldn’t It Be Good. He maintains a huge following today and organisers have hailed him as a “fantastic addition to this year’s line up”.
Support will be provided by Curiosity Killed the Cat with lead singer Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot performing hits including Misfit, Down to Earth, Hang On In There Baby and Name and Number.
To finish off the line-up world number one Michael Jackson impersonator Navi will also be performing to round off the event in thrilling fashion.
�20 Doors open at 7.30pm (over 18s)
Round Table Carnival Marquee, The Common
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk