Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Go West headline the carnival send-off - it’s Final Night Party! (July 9)
CELEBRATING 25 years together and one of the greatest singer-songwriter acts from the magnificent 80s, Go West, featuring Peter Cox and Richie Drummie, will headline the 2011 final night party.
With their first hit We Close our Eyes in 1985 being the first of many including Tracks of My Tears, Call Me, and the opening song from the film Pretty Woman, King of Wishful Thinking.
Joining Go West will be Nik Kershaw who had mega-hits such as I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Wouldn’t It Be Good. He maintains a huge following today and organisers have hailed him as a “fantastic addition to this year’s line up”.
Support will be provided by Curiosity Killed the Cat with lead singer Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot performing hits including Misfit, Down to Earth, Hang On In There Baby and Name and Number.
To finish off the line-up world number one Michael Jackson impersonator Navi will also be performing to round off the event in thrilling fashion.
You may also want to watch:
�20 Doors open at 7.30pm (over 18s)
Round Table Carnival Marquee, The Common
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk