Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Go West headline the carnival send-off - it’s Final Night Party! (July 9)
CELEBRATING 25 years together and one of the greatest singer-songwriter acts from the magnificent 80s, Go West, featuring Peter Cox and Richie Drummie, will headline the 2011 final night party.
With their first hit We Close our Eyes in 1985 being the first of many including Tracks of My Tears, Call Me, and the opening song from the film Pretty Woman, King of Wishful Thinking.
Joining Go West will be Nik Kershaw who had mega-hits such as I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Wouldn’t It Be Good. He maintains a huge following today and organisers have hailed him as a “fantastic addition to this year’s line up”.
Support will be provided by Curiosity Killed the Cat with lead singer Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot performing hits including Misfit, Down to Earth, Hang On In There Baby and Name and Number.
To finish off the line-up world number one Michael Jackson impersonator Navi will also be performing to round off the event in thrilling fashion.
�20 Doors open at 7.30pm (over 18s)
Round Table Carnival Marquee, The Common
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk