Saffron Walden Carnival 2011: Go West headline the carnival send-off - it’s Final Night Party! (July 9)
CELEBRATING 25 years together and one of the greatest singer-songwriter acts from the magnificent 80s, Go West, featuring Peter Cox and Richie Drummie, will headline the 2011 final night party.
With their first hit We Close our Eyes in 1985 being the first of many including Tracks of My Tears, Call Me, and the opening song from the film Pretty Woman, King of Wishful Thinking.
Joining Go West will be Nik Kershaw who had mega-hits such as I Won’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and Wouldn’t It Be Good. He maintains a huge following today and organisers have hailed him as a “fantastic addition to this year’s line up”.
Support will be provided by Curiosity Killed the Cat with lead singer Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot performing hits including Misfit, Down to Earth, Hang On In There Baby and Name and Number.
To finish off the line-up world number one Michael Jackson impersonator Navi will also be performing to round off the event in thrilling fashion.
You may also want to watch:
�20 Doors open at 7.30pm (over 18s)
Round Table Carnival Marquee, The Common
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 9 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
Tickets: Carnival caravan in Market Square or 8dayweekend.co.uk