Saffron Walden Carnival organisers ‘Proud’ to announce final night act
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Carnival will be brought to a close by one of the 90s’ most iconic female vocalists.
Heather Small, the voice of M People, who had hits such as Moving On Up, One Night in Heaven and Search For The Hero, will bring the curtain down on the eight-day event on Saturday, July 12.
Heather’s career has spanned over two decades, selling millions of records worldwide and winning an array of awards.
She recently reunited with M People for ‘The 20th Year Anniversary Greatest Hits Tour’ across the UK, and was also a contestant on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “It has been a real scoop for us to get Heather to appear at the carnival, and we know she will be a great hit with the community for a final party to remember.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact she is at the V Festival this year shows we are mixing with the big national events in our small market town carnival.”
Further support acts will be released in the coming weeks.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime
Visit 8dayweekend.co.uk to sign up for carnival updates and buy tickets to this and other events shortly. The ‘8-day Weekend’ runs from July 4-12 on the Common and throughout the town.