Saffron Walden Carnival organisers ‘Proud’ to announce final night act
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Carnival will be brought to a close by one of the 90s’ most iconic female vocalists.
Heather Small, the voice of M People, who had hits such as Moving On Up, One Night in Heaven and Search For The Hero, will bring the curtain down on the eight-day event on Saturday, July 12.
Heather’s career has spanned over two decades, selling millions of records worldwide and winning an array of awards.
She recently reunited with M People for ‘The 20th Year Anniversary Greatest Hits Tour’ across the UK, and was also a contestant on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “It has been a real scoop for us to get Heather to appear at the carnival, and we know she will be a great hit with the community for a final party to remember.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact she is at the V Festival this year shows we are mixing with the big national events in our small market town carnival.”
Further support acts will be released in the coming weeks.
- 1 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 2 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 3 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 "We take abuse seriously," says Saffron Walden Town FC
- 7 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
Visit 8dayweekend.co.uk to sign up for carnival updates and buy tickets to this and other events shortly. The ‘8-day Weekend’ runs from July 4-12 on the Common and throughout the town.