Saffron Walden Carnival organisers ‘Proud’ to announce final night act
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Carnival will be brought to a close by one of the 90s’ most iconic female vocalists.
Heather Small, the voice of M People, who had hits such as Moving On Up, One Night in Heaven and Search For The Hero, will bring the curtain down on the eight-day event on Saturday, July 12.
Heather’s career has spanned over two decades, selling millions of records worldwide and winning an array of awards.
She recently reunited with M People for ‘The 20th Year Anniversary Greatest Hits Tour’ across the UK, and was also a contestant on BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “It has been a real scoop for us to get Heather to appear at the carnival, and we know she will be a great hit with the community for a final party to remember.
“The fact she is at the V Festival this year shows we are mixing with the big national events in our small market town carnival.”
Further support acts will be released in the coming weeks.
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Visit 8dayweekend.co.uk to sign up for carnival updates and buy tickets to this and other events shortly. The ‘8-day Weekend’ runs from July 4-12 on the Common and throughout the town.