Saffron Walden Carnival website goes live for tickets and more
- Credit: Archant
The ‘8 Day Weekend’ carnival website has gone live and sales are well under the way.
The site – 8dayweekend.co.uk – includes the latest news and facility to buy tickets to the events advertised so far.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “It has been a real ‘work behind the scenes’ over the last month and we thank everyone involved that made it happen.
“This is where we really get things rolling. Having the website live already allows people to buy tickets each month so they can attend more – it’s proven in the past with people spreading the costs over the coming weeks.”
Further events still to be released in the coming weeks to the carnival, so keep an eye on the website.
You may also want to watch:
Also on the new site are the forms for taking part – from procession to dodgeball competition to helping out at some of the amazing events, as well as for the Carnival Queen competition.
Visitors to the site can sign up for carnival updates, buy tickets and join in the events like the ‘Carnival of Nations’ procession. The Eight Day Weekend, organised by the Round Table, runs July 4-12 on the Common and throughout the town.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event