Saffron Walden charity trustee meets McFly star Tom Fletcher
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has a made a bucket list of things she wants to do before losing her sight says she has been “overwhelmed” by the support of the community.
Sam Tracey, who is a trustee and volunteer at charity Support4Sight in Saffron Walden, says she has nearly crossed everything off her list and is now adding more items.
Remaining on her list is a trip on the Orient Express and an experience cooking with a celebrity chef, but Sam also now wants to interview a celebrity, model a range of sunglasses, be an extra in a tv show, and create a range of greeting cards for people with sight problems.
Sam travelled to London for a VIP charity event at the beginning of the month, where she met Gaby Roslin, who then invited her to be interviewed for her BBC London radio show on Sunday, February 7.
Sam got to meet and mix with guests on the show, including McFly’s Tom Fletcher, and comedian Russell Howard.
You may also want to watch:
She said: I’m absolutely buzzing. Everytime I get up in the morning, I wonder what is going to happen next, and I’ve been overwhelmed with the generosity of people.
“I had no idea that so many people would get involved and offer kind experiences, they’ve all been so lovely.”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost