Catering students learn from Saffron Walden patisserie expert
- Credit: Archant
Catering students learn from Saffron Walden patisserie expert.
A Saffron Walden-based chef has been helping catering students develop their technical skills through a patisserie masterclass.
Andrew Edwards, head chef at Angela Reed Cafe in Market Hill, visited Cambridge Regional College to impart his knowledge and experience and provide tips on the art of macaron making with level 2 and 3 professional cookery classes.
The day began with a discussion and demonstration on how to prepare, measure and combine ingredients for the perfect meringue and later the students made their own raspberry and lemon curd macarons.
Before working in Saffron Walden, Andrew enjoyed a successful career as a pastry chef at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in London, and as head pastry chef at the corporate offices of Lloyds.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was a pleasure to share my knowledge and experience of working in patisserie with such dedicated learners. The groups took on board the instructions provided to produce impressive macarons.”
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 10 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom