Saffron Walden children's disability charity calls for support ahead of BBC Lottery awards showdown
A SAFFRON Walden-based children s disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win. Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards Best Voluntary/
A SAFFRON Walden-based children's disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards - and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards' Best Voluntary/Charity project and will be on a special BBC television show next month.
Delighted Fledglings founder Ruth Lingard said: "This will really raise awareness of Fledglings and how we help children with disabilities and their families.
"We have recently registered our 10,000th customer but so many families coming to us for the first time say they wish they had heard of us years ago. Winning this competition will help us to reach so many more families."
You may also want to watch:
The finals of the competition will again be decided by public vote and the winners announced on the BBC show on Saturday September 5.
Fledglings is now banking on the votes of Saffron Walden residents to help them win.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
"Thank you so much to all who supported us in the first round," said Ms Lingard
"We really do appreciate the support of the local community, but if we are to win we need your help again. Please do vote for us again in the finals!"
Your vote could help the organisation win the prestigious national award. Visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards, click on the best voluntary/charity project category and cast your vote for Fledglings. Alternatively you can call 0844 686 6754 to register your phone vote. Voting runs until Friday August 14.
For more information on Fledglings go to www.fledglings.org.uk or call 0845 458 1124.