Saffron Walden children's disability charity calls for support ahead of BBC Lottery awards showdown
A SAFFRON Walden-based children s disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win. Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards Best Voluntary/
A SAFFRON Walden-based children's disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards - and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards' Best Voluntary/Charity project and will be on a special BBC television show next month.
Delighted Fledglings founder Ruth Lingard said: "This will really raise awareness of Fledglings and how we help children with disabilities and their families.
"We have recently registered our 10,000th customer but so many families coming to us for the first time say they wish they had heard of us years ago. Winning this competition will help us to reach so many more families."
You may also want to watch:
The finals of the competition will again be decided by public vote and the winners announced on the BBC show on Saturday September 5.
Fledglings is now banking on the votes of Saffron Walden residents to help them win.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
"Thank you so much to all who supported us in the first round," said Ms Lingard
"We really do appreciate the support of the local community, but if we are to win we need your help again. Please do vote for us again in the finals!"
Your vote could help the organisation win the prestigious national award. Visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards, click on the best voluntary/charity project category and cast your vote for Fledglings. Alternatively you can call 0844 686 6754 to register your phone vote. Voting runs until Friday August 14.
For more information on Fledglings go to www.fledglings.org.uk or call 0845 458 1124.