Saffron Walden children's disability charity calls for support ahead of BBC Lottery awards showdown
A SAFFRON Walden-based children s disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards – and is calling on local folk to help them win. Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards Best Voluntary/
A SAFFRON Walden-based children's disability charity has won through to the finals of the National Lottery Awards - and is calling on local folk to help them win.
Fledglings has made it through to the last three in the final of the awards' Best Voluntary/Charity project and will be on a special BBC television show next month.
Delighted Fledglings founder Ruth Lingard said: "This will really raise awareness of Fledglings and how we help children with disabilities and their families.
"We have recently registered our 10,000th customer but so many families coming to us for the first time say they wish they had heard of us years ago. Winning this competition will help us to reach so many more families."
The finals of the competition will again be decided by public vote and the winners announced on the BBC show on Saturday September 5.
Fledglings is now banking on the votes of Saffron Walden residents to help them win.
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
"Thank you so much to all who supported us in the first round," said Ms Lingard
"We really do appreciate the support of the local community, but if we are to win we need your help again. Please do vote for us again in the finals!"
Your vote could help the organisation win the prestigious national award. Visit www.lotterygoodcauses.org.uk/awards, click on the best voluntary/charity project category and cast your vote for Fledglings. Alternatively you can call 0844 686 6754 to register your phone vote. Voting runs until Friday August 14.
For more information on Fledglings go to www.fledglings.org.uk or call 0845 458 1124.