Saffron Walden coffee drinkers put the kettle on for Macmillan Cancer Support
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter s area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on. Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Can
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter's area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on.
Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World's Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, on Friday.
Postmistress at Newport Post Office, Sandra Amos, said their coffee morning had raised more than �250. They have taken part in the event for the past 12 years.
"We are always very happy to support Macmillan because they do such good work," she said. "It was a lovely morning and people drank their coffee outside. A number of people from the village had made cakes."
You may also want to watch:
The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden held a successful event which also included a raffle and food tastings.
Staff at the Saffron Walden Reporter held a coffee morning in their office on the High Street and raised more than �50.
- 1 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 2 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 8 New interim chief executive for district council
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Crematorium to broadcast Father's Day service
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer through a range of initiatives from funding specialist nurses to supporting carers and families. For more information visit www.macmillan.org.uk