Saffron Walden coffee drinkers put the kettle on for Macmillan Cancer Support
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter s area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on. Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Can
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter's area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on.
Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World's Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, on Friday.
Postmistress at Newport Post Office, Sandra Amos, said their coffee morning had raised more than �250. They have taken part in the event for the past 12 years.
"We are always very happy to support Macmillan because they do such good work," she said. "It was a lovely morning and people drank their coffee outside. A number of people from the village had made cakes."
You may also want to watch:
The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden held a successful event which also included a raffle and food tastings.
Staff at the Saffron Walden Reporter held a coffee morning in their office on the High Street and raised more than �50.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 7 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 8 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer through a range of initiatives from funding specialist nurses to supporting carers and families. For more information visit www.macmillan.org.uk