Saffron Walden coffee drinkers put the kettle on for Macmillan Cancer Support
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter s area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on. Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World s Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Can
COFFEE and tea drinkers across the Reporter's area raised hundreds of pounds for charity by putting the kettle on.
Many people enjoyed a slice of cake with their drinks as they took part in The World's Biggest Coffee Morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support, on Friday.
Postmistress at Newport Post Office, Sandra Amos, said their coffee morning had raised more than �250. They have taken part in the event for the past 12 years.
"We are always very happy to support Macmillan because they do such good work," she said. "It was a lovely morning and people drank their coffee outside. A number of people from the village had made cakes."
The Eight Bells in Saffron Walden held a successful event which also included a raffle and food tastings.
Staff at the Saffron Walden Reporter held a coffee morning in their office on the High Street and raised more than �50.
- 1 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 2 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 3 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 4 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 5 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 6 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 7 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 8 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 9 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 10 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer through a range of initiatives from funding specialist nurses to supporting carers and families. For more information visit www.macmillan.org.uk