Saffron Walden: Community events
BUSINESS advice is available for anyone thinking of starting a business or who has started one recently. Organised by Saffron Walden Business Forum, the Saffron Start Ups offers free professional advice. The event is being held on Wednesday (March 21) from 10am-12noon.
THAXTED Flower Club is holding a Mothers’ Day stall on Saturday from 9am-12pm under the Guildhall in the town.
Lots of arrangements will be on offer to suit all tastes, ranging from �2-�20.
A JUMBLE sale is being held in Newport Village Hall on Saturday, 9.30-11.30am, to raise money for the village church. Refreshments will be available, admission 20p. There will be many items for sale such as books, clothes, bric-a-brac and DVDs.
You may also want to watch:
THE third Local Trader’s Market will be held on Saturday from 11am-2pm. This time it’s a Mother’s Day Special with everything you need under one roof - cards, cakes, jewellery and a nice warm cuppa.
A NUMBER of walks are being organised by Saffron Walden & District Footpaths Association at the weekend. A 10-mile walk with pub lunch runs on Saturday, departing 10am from Debden Water Lane. A walk from Thaxted is on Sunday, departing from Saffron Walden Common car park at 2pm.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
A KNIT and natter drop-in runs from 2-4pm at the Methodist Church, Castle Street, on Monday. Wool, needles and refreshments available. All ages welcome.
‘A THOUSAND years of history – cathedrals as time machines’ is the theme of a slide lecture at Saffron Walden Decorative & Fine Arts Society’s next meeting on Wednesday, at 2pm, at the Friends’ Meeting House. Entry by donation.
A TEA Dance runs from 2-4.30pm next Thursday (March 22) in the Town Hall. For details call 01799 502219.