Saffron Walden County High School Farm Club’s Christmas Fayre
SAFFRON Walden County High School Farm Club will be holding it’s annual Xmas Fayre on Sunday (Nov 27) from noon to 4pm.
It will be a great opportunity to buy Christmas presents, visit the farm and Pet’s Corner, see Santa in his grotto, and round off the afternoon singing carols in the real nativity setting.
There will be at least 20 craft stalls attending selling high quality products ranging from Christmas cards and decorations, hats, bags, jewellery, books, china, soaps, jams, preserves, gifts and pottery.
There will also be the usual raffle, tombola and other entertainments.
Visitors will be able to see some of the renowned Dexter cattle, Ryeland sheep, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, fancy rats and chickens kept on the school farm and there will be a Pet’s Corner run by students in the barn.
You may also want to watch:
Farm manager Dave Crosby said: “The day to day costs of running the farm are about �8,000 a year, and fundraising ventures like our Xmas Fayre account for about a third of our income.
“This money enables us to support children at our school and in the local community whom are interested in animals, plants and our local environment.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
“As usual we hope to make this a pleasant afternoon out for the family.”