Saffron Walden County High School Farm Club’s Christmas Fayre
SAFFRON Walden County High School Farm Club will be holding it’s annual Xmas Fayre on Sunday (Nov 27) from noon to 4pm.
It will be a great opportunity to buy Christmas presents, visit the farm and Pet’s Corner, see Santa in his grotto, and round off the afternoon singing carols in the real nativity setting.
There will be at least 20 craft stalls attending selling high quality products ranging from Christmas cards and decorations, hats, bags, jewellery, books, china, soaps, jams, preserves, gifts and pottery.
There will also be the usual raffle, tombola and other entertainments.
Visitors will be able to see some of the renowned Dexter cattle, Ryeland sheep, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, fancy rats and chickens kept on the school farm and there will be a Pet’s Corner run by students in the barn.
You may also want to watch:
Farm manager Dave Crosby said: “The day to day costs of running the farm are about �8,000 a year, and fundraising ventures like our Xmas Fayre account for about a third of our income.
“This money enables us to support children at our school and in the local community whom are interested in animals, plants and our local environment.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
“As usual we hope to make this a pleasant afternoon out for the family.”