Saffron Walden County High School Farm Club’s Christmas Fayre
SAFFRON Walden County High School Farm Club will be holding it’s annual Xmas Fayre on Sunday (Nov 27) from noon to 4pm.
It will be a great opportunity to buy Christmas presents, visit the farm and Pet’s Corner, see Santa in his grotto, and round off the afternoon singing carols in the real nativity setting.
There will be at least 20 craft stalls attending selling high quality products ranging from Christmas cards and decorations, hats, bags, jewellery, books, china, soaps, jams, preserves, gifts and pottery.
There will also be the usual raffle, tombola and other entertainments.
Visitors will be able to see some of the renowned Dexter cattle, Ryeland sheep, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, fancy rats and chickens kept on the school farm and there will be a Pet’s Corner run by students in the barn.
You may also want to watch:
Farm manager Dave Crosby said: “The day to day costs of running the farm are about �8,000 a year, and fundraising ventures like our Xmas Fayre account for about a third of our income.
“This money enables us to support children at our school and in the local community whom are interested in animals, plants and our local environment.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 9 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
- 10 Stansted author to release second novel
“As usual we hope to make this a pleasant afternoon out for the family.”