Saffron Walden County High School students run in memory of their friend
A GRIM challenge awaits a group of students from Saffron Walden County High School who are raising money in memory of their friend Andre Young who died while on holiday in Crete. Sixth former Harry Beddows, 17, and seven friends will attempt to run, wade
A GRIM challenge awaits a group of students from Saffron Walden County High School who are raising money in memory of their friend Andre Young who died while on holiday in Crete.
Sixth former Harry Beddows, 17, and seven friends will attempt to run, wade and crawl their way around an eight-mile off-road course as they take on the Grim Challenge 2009.
Held at the Army's military vehicle testing ground in Aldershot, the students will have to cross water-filled ravines, scramble under camouflage netting and run up steep hills.
"We have been training for a couple of months now by doing a lot of off-road runs, and we're hoping to complete the course in about one-and-a-half hours" said Harry.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be tough, but we're hoping to raise about �1000 for the Loving Life Legacy which was set up by Andre's mum to support causes that were close to his heart."
Andre, 17, died in Malia on the Greek holiday island of Crete in August. After being reported missing, his body was discovered two days later with serious head injuries.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
The Andre Young Loving Life Legacy was set up in his memory. If you would like to sponsor the students, contact Harry on email@example.com.