Saffron Walden County High School students run in memory of their friend
A GRIM challenge awaits a group of students from Saffron Walden County High School who are raising money in memory of their friend Andre Young who died while on holiday in Crete. Sixth former Harry Beddows, 17, and seven friends will attempt to run, wade
A GRIM challenge awaits a group of students from Saffron Walden County High School who are raising money in memory of their friend Andre Young who died while on holiday in Crete.
Sixth former Harry Beddows, 17, and seven friends will attempt to run, wade and crawl their way around an eight-mile off-road course as they take on the Grim Challenge 2009.
Held at the Army's military vehicle testing ground in Aldershot, the students will have to cross water-filled ravines, scramble under camouflage netting and run up steep hills.
"We have been training for a couple of months now by doing a lot of off-road runs, and we're hoping to complete the course in about one-and-a-half hours" said Harry.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be tough, but we're hoping to raise about �1000 for the Loving Life Legacy which was set up by Andre's mum to support causes that were close to his heart."
Andre, 17, died in Malia on the Greek holiday island of Crete in August. After being reported missing, his body was discovered two days later with serious head injuries.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
The Andre Young Loving Life Legacy was set up in his memory. If you would like to sponsor the students, contact Harry on email@example.com.