Saffron Walden Cricket Club to host open day
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Cricket Club will host an open day on April 22 which coincides with the first team’s opening home match against Foxton.
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst will raise the flag and there will be coaching available for some age groups as well as kit stockists on hand.
A book sale of old Wisdens will also take place and a new, full-colour fixture card is available so members and spectators can plan their summer.
Senior training takes place on Tuesdays from 6pm-8pm, and the club runs five senior teams, a midweek XI and a women’s team, and new players are always welcome.
Coaching for the club’s under 4-10 is on a Sunday from 10am to 11.30am with the first session on Sunday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
Friday evenings is when coaching takes place for the under 11 to under 14 age groups in addition to the junior girls, women’s squad and also the Crocus squad which is for players with special needs or disabilities.
The under 15 and 16 squads will train on Thursday evenings.
- 1 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 2 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 3 Saffron Screen's new Sunday night film season is For All The Brave Women
- 4 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 5 Essex newspapers are 'highly commended'
- 6 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 7 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 8 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 9 Audley End apple festival is this weekend
- 10 Winter wonderland coming to Cambridge as The North Pole ice rink returns
With 21 junior sides, 2017 will see the club fielding an impressive total of 30 teams.
For further information email email@example.com or visit the club’s website here.