Saffron Walden Cricket Club to host open day
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden Cricket Club will host an open day on April 22 which coincides with the first team’s opening home match against Foxton.
Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst will raise the flag and there will be coaching available for some age groups as well as kit stockists on hand.
A book sale of old Wisdens will also take place and a new, full-colour fixture card is available so members and spectators can plan their summer.
Senior training takes place on Tuesdays from 6pm-8pm, and the club runs five senior teams, a midweek XI and a women’s team, and new players are always welcome.
Coaching for the club’s under 4-10 is on a Sunday from 10am to 11.30am with the first session on Sunday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
Friday evenings is when coaching takes place for the under 11 to under 14 age groups in addition to the junior girls, women’s squad and also the Crocus squad which is for players with special needs or disabilities.
The under 15 and 16 squads will train on Thursday evenings.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
With 21 junior sides, 2017 will see the club fielding an impressive total of 30 teams.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the club’s website here.