Saffron Walden dance school students getting wind of success
NINE students from The Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts School have successfully auditioned for the musical Whistle Down The Wind. The production is going to be held at The Cambridge Corn Exchange in July. Over 200 children auditioned and had
NINE students from The Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts School have successfully auditioned for the musical Whistle Down The Wind.
The production is going to be held at The Cambridge Corn Exchange in July. Over 200 children auditioned and had to sing, dance and take part in various drama pieces before being chosen to return the following day for another.
Whistle Down the Wind is a musical based upon the 1960s film staring Hayley Mills and Alan Bates.
Principal of Pure Rhythm, Sue Raven, said: "I'm delighted that so many students will have the experience of performing at The Corn Exchange, auditions can be a daunting experience so I'm so pleased with so many being chosen.
You may also want to watch:
"When the director realised how many of our students had been successful she even wrote to me congratulating us on how well trained they seemed and in particular how well they all presented themselves."
Saffron Walden-based Pure Rhythm School of Performing Arts is putting on its own musical of Once On This Island on March 12 and 13, a vibrant and passionate story infused with infectious reggae and calypso rhythms.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
All 75 Pure Rhythm students will be taking part. Tickets for the three performances at the Dame Bradbury School Theatre can be obtained from Sue Raven on 07952 993 288 or by e-mail at email@example.com