SAFFRON WALDEN: Decision on Sainsbury's and Tesco plans due in March
A DECISION on planning applications submitted by Sainsbury s and Tesco will be made by councillors at the same meeting in March, it has been announced. Sainsbury s is hoping to build a new store on Thaxted Road in Saffron Walden while Tesco is looking to
A DECISION on planning applications submitted by Sainsbury's and Tesco will be made by councillors at the same meeting in March, it has been announced.
Sainsbury's is hoping to build a new store on Thaxted Road in Saffron Walden while Tesco is looking to expand its existing supermarket on Radwinter Road. A decision had been expected in January.
A spokesman for Uttlesford District Council said: "Following the receipt of the applications from Tesco and Sainsbury's further reports were identified as being required as part of the decision making process. These are being prepared and need to be assessed prior to the application being reported to committee.
"The cumulative impact of each proposal must be taken into consideration. The application for Tesco has an impact on the application for Sainsbury's and vice versa. It is therefore proposed to consider both applications at the same meeting and this is likely to be on March 10.
You may also want to watch:
"At present the consultation period has closed although any representations received prior to the determination of the applications will be considered. However, if a further consultation period is required the public will be advised accordingly.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing