Saffron Walden DJ hits the decks for 24 hours straight to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A DJ has hit the decks for 24 hours straight in aid of charity.
Chris Clout, of Saffron Walden, planned the day-long DJ mix to raise money for Cancer Research UK and raised an impressive £1,121 towards the charity’s life-saving work.
The 25-year-old said he decided to hold the event because it is “a great cause and most people know someone or have been affected themselves by cancer”.
Chris, who played mainly house, garage, drum and bass, hip hop, dance and R&B music during the mega mix, said: “I kept playing music nonstop for 24 hours. No more than a five seconds of silence was allowed, I was allowed to leave the room for no more than 15 minutes – everybody needs bathroom breaks.”
He added: “I was amazed by the support. I did not expect to even hit my £500 target, let alone raise over £1,000. Thank you to everybody who donated, spread the word and visited me during the mix.”
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Goldsmith, Cancer Research UK’s area volunteer manager for Saffron Walden, said: “We were absolutely delighted that Chris decided to fundraise for Cancer Research UK in such a unique way.
“The organisation has made enormous progress in the fight against cancer and continues to do so. However, we have only been able to do this thanks to the dedication and commitment of our volunteers and supporters without whom we would not be able to fund our vital research.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 7 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work to find out how to support the charity, call 08701 60 20 40 or visit cancerresearchuk.org.uk.