Saffron Walden DJ hits the decks for 24 hours straight to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
A DJ has hit the decks for 24 hours straight in aid of charity.
Chris Clout, of Saffron Walden, planned the day-long DJ mix to raise money for Cancer Research UK and raised an impressive £1,121 towards the charity’s life-saving work.
The 25-year-old said he decided to hold the event because it is “a great cause and most people know someone or have been affected themselves by cancer”.
Chris, who played mainly house, garage, drum and bass, hip hop, dance and R&B music during the mega mix, said: “I kept playing music nonstop for 24 hours. No more than a five seconds of silence was allowed, I was allowed to leave the room for no more than 15 minutes – everybody needs bathroom breaks.”
He added: “I was amazed by the support. I did not expect to even hit my £500 target, let alone raise over £1,000. Thank you to everybody who donated, spread the word and visited me during the mix.”
You may also want to watch:
Victoria Goldsmith, Cancer Research UK’s area volunteer manager for Saffron Walden, said: “We were absolutely delighted that Chris decided to fundraise for Cancer Research UK in such a unique way.
“The organisation has made enormous progress in the fight against cancer and continues to do so. However, we have only been able to do this thanks to the dedication and commitment of our volunteers and supporters without whom we would not be able to fund our vital research.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
For further information about Cancer Research UK’s work to find out how to support the charity, call 08701 60 20 40 or visit cancerresearchuk.org.uk.