Saffron Walden family pays tribute to crash victim
- Credit: Archant
The family of a Saffron Walden man who died following a collision in the town have paid tribute to him.
Chris Standen, 29, was the driver of a black Vauxhall Astra which was in collision with a silver VW Sharan in Newport Road at around 10pm on September 3.
After being cut from the wreckage by fire crews, Mr Standen was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he later died on September 4 from his injuries.
The inquest into Mr Standen’s death opened yesterday (September 14).
His family said: “Chris was a dearly loved son, brother, grandson and friend to everyone that knew him.
You may also want to watch:
“Chris worked as a membership manager at the London Capital Club, but spent many years working at Saffron Walden Golf Club prior to this.
“Chris really enjoyed watching Manchester United, socialising, and loved more than anything spending time with his family and friends.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 6 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
“All the family members will greatly miss Chris very much. The family request to be left alone and allowed to grieve at this very difficult time.”
Officers are continuing to investigate the collision and ask anyone with information to contact Pc Martyn Wells at the serious collision investigation unit on 101.
Leave a tribute to Chris Standen by commenting below.