Saffron Walden gallery with art of gold
A SAFFRON Walden gallery is celebrating its second anniversary by making available new art and opening hours for Christmas. The Riverside Gallery on Hill Street has steadily built a reputation as a focal point for artists and art-lovers alike. Previously
A SAFFRON Walden gallery is celebrating its second anniversary by making available new art and opening hours for Christmas.
The Riverside Gallery on Hill Street has steadily built a reputation as a focal point for artists and art-lovers alike.
Previously derelict for a number of years, the gallery is a bright, open space, overlooking the Jubilee Gardens that is ideal for displaying the wide variety of work.
Committee member Tony White said: "We are really pleased that we have passed our second year in this lovely space.
You may also want to watch:
"We are also pleased to have supplemented our small team of volunteer helpers to allow us to continue opening as often as we can."
The gallery is run entirely by volunteers under the umbrella of the registered charity, Saffron Walden Arts Trust (SWAT), and stocks a wide range of original pictures and limited edition prints along with glass, ceramics, wood, textiles, sculpture and beautiful jewellery
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Stations benefit from funding
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
It works on the basis that all profits are ploughed back into the arts in the town.
"We are continuously changing our stock and regularly bringing in new artists, as well as featuring work from our long-standing artists," said Mr White.
"We are pleased to see that Celia Hart, who has recently joined the gallery with her linocut prints and cards, has a print featured in the December issue of Country Living magazine."
The Riverslade Gallery is now stocking a range of Christmas cards and decorations designed by its artists. There are many ideal gift items and more special pieces of art and jewellery.
The gallery - which can be found at the bottom of the Waitrose walk-way - has extended opening hours, to include Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, which will be displayed on the gallery door.
For more information visit www.riversladegallery.co.uk or call 07523 893671.